A quick, delicious bowl that can be prepared in under 30 minutes, featuring complimenting blends of flavours and textures that make these simple ingredients come together to make eating healthy easy!
Healthy Glow Bowl
Ready in: 20-30 min
* 1/3 cup quinoa (I used tri-blend, you may need more or less water if you use white, red or black)
* 2/3 cup water
*1 head of kale
* sprinkle of garlic power and onion powder
* generous drizzle soy sauce
* ½ cup grapes (I used red globe), halved
* 1 Tablespoon Pepitas
* ½ Tablespoon sunflower seeds
* ½ avocado, cubed or sliced
* ½ lime
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the quiona with the water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil and then simmer, covered until all the water is absorbed. Take off heat and let rest while you prepare the rest of the food.
2. Wash the kale and break up into small pieces. Heat a fry pan over the stove with a little water (no need for oil!) then place the kale in the fry pan sprinkle with garlic and onion powder and place a lid over to simmer until kale has softened. Drizzle with soy sauce.
3. Prepare the other toppings.
4. Place kale in two bowls, then spoon over quinoa. Next place the grapes, seeds, and avocado. Season if desired and then squeeze ¼ lime over each bowl.