With the start of summer and cherries in season I thought it a perfect opportunity to use these delicious fruit in a healthy ice-cream that packs an anti-oxidant punch. If you don’t have fresh cherries, frozen would be nice too.
“Cherry-Ripe” Healthy Ice-Cream Bowl
* 1 cup frozen bananas (slice before freezing)
* 2 Tablespoons (=8 tsp) cocoa powder
* 1 Tablespoon (=4 tsp) maple syrup or agave
* 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
* 2 Tablespoons desiccated coconut
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/3-1/2 cup pitted fresh or frozen cherries
* 1-2 T desiccated, shredded or flaked coconut
- Place all ice-cream ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve in 1-2 bowls and top with cherries and extra coconut.
- Enjoy immediately.