This healthy, quick to prepare hot chocolate needs only a handful of items and although it contains only healthy ingredients, tastes absolutely decadent.
The star ingredient is fresh orange rind which means you won’t find any ready-made or store brought version that taste anywhere as good as this homemade orange-chocolate combination that bursts with flavour.
This hot chocolate is:
- Low fat
- Refined sugar free
- Good source of magnesium
- Good source of anti-oxidants
It’s the perfect healthy winter dessert that will satisfy sugar or chocolate cravings but won’t leave you feeling guilty.
Guilt-Free Orange Hot Chocolate
Ready in: 5-10 min
* 1 cup almond milk
* 2 tsps orange rind (loosely packed)
* 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
* 2 medjool dates
* 1 Tablespoon cocao powder
1. Vita-mix version: Place all ingredients in vita-mix. Blend on high for 2-3min until warmed to drinking temperature.
1. Non-vitamix version: warm the almond milk in a sauce man until reach a gentle simmer. (if your blender is not very strong, add the dates to the milk as it warms to soften them).
2. Once milk is warm, add this along with all the other ingredients to a blender and blend for 30 seconds or so until smooth.