Looking for a quick breakfast recipe that requires no cooking and is both filling and healthy? Look no further. This recipe uses only a few ingredients, needs little preparation, and contains a good balance of carbohydrate and protein to fuel your body at the start of the day.
About Mountain bread and other options
Mountain bread is a great replacement for other breads and wraps. It is paper thin so is lower in calories and doesn’t give you the heavy/bloating feeling too much bread can give you. It comes in various flavours but if you buy the plain organic version it has only three ingredients: organic flours, water and salt. This is quite different compared to most other wraps/tortillas which have a long list of thickeners, preservatives, artificial flavours, modified starches etc which are not nutritionally advantageous for us to consume.
To make this recipe gluten free you could use gluten free wraps, or, try using cos lettuce instead!
Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Wraps
Preparation time: 2 minutes!
*1 piece of mountain bread (if you want your wrap to be a bit more sturdy you can also double up the layer with 2 slices)
* 1 large ripe banana
* Natural Peanut butter (look for no added oil)
* A small handful of walnuts (crushed or roughly chopped)
* Cinnamon and Nutmeg
1. Spread a thin layer of peanut butter over most of the wrap.
2. Slice the banana into small round pieces and place in a line down the centre of the wrap (for an even quicker version leave the banana whole and wrap the bread around it).
3. Sprinkle walnuts over the banana.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and a little nutmeg over the banana and walnuts.
5. Roll up into a tube, cut in half and enjoy a healthy filling breakfast!
*Use a different nut butter such as almond or cashew butter.
*Add dried fruit such as sultanas or dates.
*Add different nuts and seeds such sunflower seeds, pecans or cashews.
*Add a little coconut sugar or maple syrup for extra sweetness.