I’ve been awarded a SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD by Nancy of the blog Vegan Food for Peace.
Thank you kindly Nancy for your recognition and nominating me. Go check out her wonderful blog https://sfoufandgreentea.wordpress.com/!
This is lovely award where you can help share blogs you enjoy with others, encourage support and motivation and find out a little bit more about your favorite bloggers.
Here are the sunshine rules:
Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog (google sunshine blogger award and chose your image or design your own)
The Eleven Questions I received
- If you could do anything you wanted tomorrow…what would it be?
I would go and see the Southern Lights in Tasmania! For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted to see the Northern Lights, but I didn’t realize there are spectacular Southern Lights much closer. Will likely still be a while before I get the chance to see them though.
2. Name a piece of music you couldn’t do without.
It’s really hard to choose one piece of music as I enjoy a variety of different types of music depending on what I’m doing – for example driving, exercising, dancing or just chilling out? But I have to say using music for it’s power to relax me is one of the most important things for me…during the day when I’m stressed out I will play some chillout music while I’m cooking food, or at the end of the day, or when I”m doing yoga or meditating and it really enhances my relaxation. Right now I’m really loving a song called Cocoa Soul by Oka which I enjoy using while doing yoga it’s so beautiful:
3. If you could be an animal, what kind of animal would you be and why?
I’ve always felt closely connected to cats, but I wouldn’t want to eat meat. I also would love to be able to fly. So if I could be a vegetarian cat-bird that would be a cool kinda animal to be I think.
Lol or maybe not….
4. What’s your favourite vegetable?
Again a hard one to choose as I’m pretty much enjoy them all! Maybe broccoli is one of my favourites? I like the texture of it, the taste is milder than other greens, it helps to bulk up curries and stir-fries and it tastes nice just with a bit of soy sauce and lightly pan fried!
5. What’s your favourite time of day…and why?
Naturally it would be twilight…I tend to get an extra burst of energy around this time and I’ve always found it a magical time, when people begin to wind down and transition…however lately around this time is the time when I realized that my hours in the day are running out and I have so much more to do but not enough time and got to get dinner made before it’s too late and I’m frantically trying to do as much as I can before the day is over :S So lately my favorite time is when I’m sleeping and recovering -_-” haha
6. You can invite three people to a dinner party…anyone at all. Who would you invite and why….?
I’ve always found these questions really hard. I probably change my mind all the time. But for now I think it would be cool to talk to:
- Dr. Michael Gregor of Nutrition Facts.org….I’ve followed his latest in Clinical Nutrition DVDS for over 7 years and love the work he is putting into sharing science based nutrition advice in a way where the average person can learn a lot without having to spend hours studying. I enjoy talking about and studying nutrition so I think he would be fun to talk to. He also seems to be a fantastic character, full of humor and charisma.
- Marshall B. Rosemberg – who created the Center for Non Violent Communication and wrote Non-Violent Communication and a number of other powerful books…his teachings are so powerful and offer so much potential in reducing conflict and suffering and increasing understanding and compassion between all of humanity from personal relationships to between entire groups and countries….I think any conversion with him would be a learning experience. Though I admit he looks very intense.
- Robert Monroe – Who created the Monroe Institute…his experiences and research into out of body studies are absolutely fascinating and his books one of the most memorable I have read, I would love to have had the chance to talk to him more about his experiences.
7. What, according to your friends, is the most annoying thing you do?
I think my friends would be too polite to say anything if I asked them this question. But they would probably think the most annoying thing I do is worry too much!
8. What’s your favourite snack?
sweet – anything chocolate or chocolate flavored. Right now I’m loving my Guilt Free Orange Hot Chocolate, and apples have always been the ultimate healthy fast food for me
savory – hummus or a dip like my White bean paprika dip are one of my go to snacks I liked to have it on brown rice crackers.
9.What country most appeals to you as a place to visit…and why?
There is something about every country that appeals to me as a place to visit, though there is something about many countries that also makes me wary/scared/unable to visit. At the moment I would have to say somewhere in Europe that is a bit more away from the popular touristy areas…I’d like to be able to experience the culture of a country and the different environmental landscapes without the crowds and materialism of touristy areas. Somewhere with lots of vegan restaurants is a bonus attraction though!
10. What musical instrument do you play …or would like to learn…and why?
I used to play the piano and can still play a few songs. I’m not naturally musically tuned though so it takes me a very long time to learn music. If I was going to learn something now I would like to learn the native American flute (its supposed to be simple to play but I have one and can’t really make it sound nice for longer than a second or two) or a saxophone…I like that smooth jazz sound. One
11. Oh…and by the way why did you write a blog?
I’ve always enjoyed writing. I started off writing in a diary from 11 years old and kept writing daily throughout my entire teen years along with writing many creative stories. It’s my preferred method of communication and I think you can reach people in different ways. I have a few different blogs going, and one day I will combine them altogether….it’s a bit messy at the moment. Veganlosophy recipes is a blog I created simply to focus on my recipes and have them all in one space.
Eleven Blogs That I enjoy
(….in no particular order at all….and some of the blogs I might have chosen have already spread a little sunshine )
- A Sincere Souls Life – A lovely blog with delicious healthy recipes and some thoughtful, honest and wise writings. https://sinceresoulslife.wordpress.com/
- Vegan Mammy – a colourful blog with yummy recipes, lots of cute photos, and some good information https://veganmammy.com/
- Sequencewiz – a blog for yoga students, or anyone interested in anatomy and the human body…as both a personal trainer and a yoga teacher I love this blog, every post is a perfect balance of informative information while also being practical and condensed and I read everything that comes out and practice many of the videos too. http://sequencewiz.org/
- Plant Based Web – I recently discovered this blog, it looks like it is quite new but I really like the simple and easy to navigate set out, the colorful photos and the creative flares like the inclusion of quotes as well as the focus on health. https://plantbasedweb.wordpress.com
- My Light Hearted Kitchen – I love the name of this blog, and it’s so bright and colourful with a ton of content. https://mylightheartedkitchen.com
MORE TO COME!
To be honest I don’t currently have 11 wordpress blogs that I follow, as I find there are really only so many I can keep up with at once! But I am of course open to new blogs and as I discover more I will be adding to this list 🙂
Here are my eleven questions I’m passing on in the daisy chain:
- What’s the most influential or memorable book/books you have ever read?
- Are you a dog or a cat person?
- What are three things that are on your bucket list?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- Think back three years ago and then reflect how your life is now…has it surprised you or gone along the road you expected?
- If you could choose any new language to understand and know instantly what would it be and why?
- Would you rather visit the Egyptian Pyramids of Giza or the Teotihuacan Pyramids in Mexico?
- Preferred exercise: cardio or strength?
- What are one of your favourite breakfast, main meal and dessert recipes? (one of each)
- Would you rather sky dive, or deep ocean dive?
- What are you looking forward to in the week ahead?